Jackson County Arts Minutes
Jackson County Arts met Monday, November 14, 2011 at 6:00 PM at Sarah’s Enchanted Cottage. Members present were Katie Morris, David Schock, Mary Schock, Kathleen Cobb, Sarah Devader, Suzette McCord-Rogers, Gin Fox, Donna Kuti, Marty Mavrovich, Linda Brownlow, and Carol Totten.
Cash on hand as of 11-14-11 is $642.30.
New officers were elected for 2012.
President- Sarah Devder
Vice President/Program Director- Gin Fox
Treasurer- David Schock
Secretary- Katie Morris
We decided not to meet in December. Our next meeting will be Monday, January 10, 2012, 6:00 PM at Sarah’s. We brainstormed ideas for 2012
· Continue to host Art shows during Glory Days and Fall Fest
· If we have another juried show, it would be beneficial to have a critique with the judge
· Have a Fair Booth with something for kids
· Plan some sort of music event
· Altered Book show, possibly at the library (Katie will check on this)
· Help with the Barn Tour (if the Historical Society wants) and maybe have a Barn Art contest for kids
· Kids’ Art day
· Swap “secret ingredient” bags and make something out of it before the next meeting
· Draw something from life at a meeting
· Paint while listening to music
· Let kids “Ask an Artist”
· More “challenges” for members
At our January meeting, we will have a snack potluck and write personal artistic goals for the new year.
Marty is painting windows around the square Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday approximately 11-4:30, weather permitting. If you want to help, find Marty or call Sarah to see if she is painting.
Show and Tell
Katie brought a tempera landscape painting. Mary showed more butterfly quilt blocks. Kathleen shared some drawings created during her Mediteranian cruise. Linda is gearing up to paint a picture of a house. Carol is working on a children’s book. Sarah made a baby hat. Suzette is working on a pastel drawing- “Gateway into the Magic World”. Gin has been writing at home and wants to finish painting a portrait. She has also been reading to kids at the schools. Donna has been working on crocheting and beadwork and told us about NaNoWriMo (http://www.nanowrimo.org/). Marty has been working on painting windows around the square.
Next Meeting: Monday, January 10, 2012, 6:00 PM at Sarah’s Enchanted Cottage.