• Katie Morris reminded members of Bryan Grove’s trunk show Saturday, October 3rd at 1:00 at Quilting on the Square. Mark at Quilting on the Square has generously decided to pay the artists fees so you can attend absolutely free!
• Mary Schock gave a report on the Fall Fest art show progress and we helped make some decisions. Fall Fest is Saturday, October 10th from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. Artists of any age can bring up to 5 pieces to show inside the Courthouse. Any medium is allowed- please bring whatever is needed to display your piece. There will be some table space available and tabletop easels work great for small work. If your piece is 3D, it should either fit on the table, be displayed from the floor, or bring a stand for the piece.
Please bring a typed label for each piece about 3x5 inches with the following information:Artist NameTitle of WorkMediumDesignate either PUR (price upon request) or NFS (not for sale)
You may also choose to bring up to a 1 page Artist Bio to display next to your work.
Drop off time is between 9:00 and 9:30, Show open to the public from 10:00-4:00.
Members are requested to bring 2-dozen cookies.
The Schocks used Rogers scarecrow demonstration to make a scarecrow to direct
people to the art show.Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/ev
• Nelson Bontrager said he would try to make a flyer or brochure for Jackson County Arts before October 10th so we have information to hand out at the art show and as member artists demonstrate.
• Information was shared about Kansans Paint Kansas 2009-
• Gin Fox shared information about painting barns for Kansas Barn Alliance’s Kansas Sesquicentennial- http://www.kansasbarnallia
Gin is planning to paint her barn and could use some helpers.
• Show and Tell
o Roger showed pictures of a table and benches he made.
o Katie brought her Jr. Duck Stamp drawings from high school.
o Nelson brought his duck stamp drawing as well and played a song on his guitar that is a work in progress.o Mary modeled a Trick or Treat apron that she made.
o David showed an easel that he made from recycled materials.
• We traded Artist Trading Cards and decided to do Fall Theme take 2 at our October meeting. If you are interested, bring 3 fall themed ATC’s to trade.
• We collected $17.66 in donations at the meeting to bring our total balance to $108.50. (There was an additional $20 donation after the meeting, yet to be delivered to David.)