Meeting started at 6:05 with 8 members present. We started with show and tell because a couple people had to leave early. Ginnie showed a knitted piece and explained that she would be dyeing it. Kathleen showed a book that she and her daughter had written and illustrated together. Mary showed an acrylic painting. Dave showed a watercolor painting. Katie showed pictures of the murals she painted in the EUM church’s children’s wing. Jan showed a Halloween craft. Roger showed a country cupboard that he had built that is awaiting pick up.
· We all agreed that the Fall Fest Art Show was a big success. The cold weather brought people inside and the spent a lot of time looking and discussing. We definitely filled the space. It was decided that in the future, we need to send our own press release to the Holton Recorder for better publicity of art events. (The Holton Recorder printed a very nice press release that we sent about Bryan Grove’s trunk show.) $18.12 in donations was collected.
· Trunk Show- we had 40+ attendees and everybody was very positive. Quilting on the Square paid the artist. We had no expenses and collected $76 in donations.
We started our last meeting with $90.84 and collected $17.66 when we passed the hat.
$76 collected at Trunk Show
· The Christmas kick-off in Holton is starting the week before Thanksgiving. 11/20. Katie Ingels will be emailed to verify the date. We discussed if it would be possible to have an art show on the square (possibly in the Hutchins building?) at that time. Other ideas would be checking on the classroom at Quilting on the Square. We think it would be a good idea to have a winter/Christmas/holiday theme. We could serve hot apple cider or something warm and cookies or doughnuts. If it is in a private building, we could charge a small commission 5-10%.
· UPDATE! Sandy Studebaker checked on the Hutchins building and it IS available November 20th and 21st. Katie is trying to work out the details for the show and everyone will be notified when things are finalized.
· Our next meeting is Monday November 16 at 6:00.
Traded ATC’s- decided that our November ATC swap theme would be “Nature.”
Adjourned at 7:00.